How much water should I drink every day?
Why is drinking water so important?
These are questions I have asked myself many times.
Below are some easy ways to remember how much you need, why your body needs it and some helpful tips to reach your daily goal.
So How much do you really need?
|Equals number of oz.|
|Divided by 2|
|Your Weight (lbs)|
(Example 160lbs / 2 = 80oz.)
Some Benefits to drinking water:
– Keeps you skin looking healthy
– May prevent headaches
– protects joints
– energizes muscles
– increases metabolism
– more energy
– Protects internal organs
– Regulate body temperature
At first it can seem a bit daunting … I definitely asked myself how am I supposed to drink this much water in one day?
But it is possible!
Here are some tips and tricks to reach your goal:
– pick favorite mug/glass/bottle you love drinking from.
– add flavor using lemons, limes, cucumber, some berries.
– keep full jug/ glass beside you… if you see it you’ll remember to drink!
– get an app to remind you
– start a water challenge with your friends and family
– Take a water bottle and Mark times of the day on it.
– set small goals within the day.
- Before I have a shower drink one glass,
- after I have a shower drink one glass,
- at breakfast drink 2 glasses and so on.
Remember Water is the BEST thing you can put into your body!