http://www.bodydesignfitness.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/xlarge-300x156.jpeg 0 0 Nicole Hennessy http://www.bodydesignfitness.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/xlarge-300x156.jpeg Nicole Hennessy2018-08-03 18:27:102018-08-03 18:27:10Recipe: Roasted Chickpeas
Have you tried roasted chickpeas? We found this recipe and HAD to share it with you.
- 2 14-15oz cans of chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can also use coconut oil)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Remove any loose skins off of the beans but don’t worry about taking them all off. Just remove the ones that are super loose.
- On a paper towel or towel, evenly spread your beans and let dry. I dried mine for about 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with either foil or parchment paper.
- Evenly spread your dried beans on cookie sheet
- Bake for 40-60 minutes. It will all depend on your oven. Check after 40 minutes and if they are crunchy, they are done. If they are too moist, then cook a little longer but watch so they don’t burn.
- After baking, quickly transfer to a bowl and mix with the 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil.
- Then spread the seasonings of whatever flavor you are using and mix well.
- With the agave or honey-cinnamon flavor, after coating you can put the beans back into the oven for 5 minutes or so to caramelize them.
- With the ranch recipe, mix 2-3 teaspoons of the whole mix into your baked chickpeas and refrigerate the rest for other recipes.
For other flavours click here