The best ways to drink more water
Do you drink enough water? Do you even know how much water is enough? First, take your body weight and divide by two, then that is the amount of ounces you need to be drinking every day.
- Drink out of a mug – Just try it! There is something very satisfying about drinking out of a mug
- Set higher goals – If you need to drink 8 glasses and you set your goal for 8 but only get in 6, then you’re behind. But if you set the goal to 10 glasses and only get 8 then you are right on track
- Warm it up – drink it warm and add some lemon and/or cinnamon.
- Big bottle – using a really big water bottle will help you drink more to keep emptying the bottle
- Use a bottle that has measurements – this will keep you on track because you can do the simple math to get you to your goals.
- Keep water where you are – keeping it in your sight or around you then you will be inclined to drink more water. Even on your night table beside the bed!
- Use an app – there are plenty of apps that you can download to keep track of your water intake
- Add hair elastics to your water bottle – using the hair elastics will keep track of the amount of times you refill your bottle
- Time stamp your day – by certain times in the day you have to have drank a certain amount of water.
- Drink after every bathroom break – You will be sure to drink lots of water this way
- Add flavour to your water – add some frozen fruit or a splash of lemon juice to give it some flavour
- Dilute sugary drinks with water and ice – This way you’re still getting the taste you want but you’re increasing your water too
- Choose sparkling water over pop – just choose water!
Water is so so important so whatever you need to do, just make sure you are drinking your water!!